- Quick Links: Become a Corporate Sponsor]
The Westonka Speech Booster Club (WSBC) supports the Westonka Speech Team financially, materially, and voluntarily. Through booster fees, sponsorships and other donations, the club helps offset costs not covered by the school’s activities, and helps in many other ways to support the growth and education of the team.
New for the 2021-2022 Season …
No Booster Fee again this year!! Due to a strong balance in the Boosters account, we will not be collecting the extra Booster Fee this season. We will be doing at least one fundraiser this year instead.
The activity fees, paid to the school through the district’s “fee pay” site, primarily pay for transportation costs, tournament registrations, coaches’ and judges’ salaries, and general program materials.
As Boosters, we use the booster fees and other funds raised to supplement the team with:
- Additional coaches — about 45% of our budget
- Additional activity support — such as NSDA (and other national speech org) team and individual registration fees, workshop expenses, etc.
- Providing the URL registration and hosting for this website
- Team meals, team-building events, and recognition event
- Coordinating Judges’ Lounge & Concessions during our hosted tournaments (when we can hold them in-person)
As with many things this school year, we will be playing this season a bit “by ear” and will work together to determine how we can best support the team.
For more information, contact us here: WestonkaSpeechBoosters@gmail.com