It is crucial that each Speech team member accept responsibility for communicating with the coaches, and for accessing the communications that are vital to the success of our program. The following policies apply to students:
- All students must be members of the Westonka Speech Team group on Schoology. Coaches will add new team members to the group.
- Schoology will be the primary means of mass communication between coaches and students. It is important that students with smart phones install the Schoology app. Students without smart phones must check Schoology via web browser daily during the speech season.
- Email will be the primary means of individual communication between coaches and students. All students must check their school email daily during the speech season.
For parents, the following communication will be used:
- Remind will be used primarily for communicating urgent or time-sensitive messages from coaches to parents, such as return ETAs after tournaments. Students may also join Remind, to receive the same information sent to their parents.
- Email will also be used to communicate to parents from the booster board and/or coaches. All parents will be added to our email distribution list. Emails sent from westonkaspeech.org on behalf of boosters will provide links to opt out of future emails.